CachyOS was founded a year ago. After almost one year of development, we are really proud to announce our first Stable Release of GUI Installer.
We spent a lot of time investigating repo management, kernel development, infrastructure, theming, … and finally put them all into the CachyOS GUI Installer.
All the features we worked on and implemented into the Installer are just trying to offer users a completely customizable experience.
After we found a solution to provide all our custom kernels with the zfs module integrated, we have implemented a one click install for zfs.
For the ZFS install, you need to select cachyos-zfs under Cachyos Kernels - ZFS during installation. For more information:
- KDE-Plasma - Simple by default, powerful when needed
- CuteFish – An Elegant, Beautiful and Easy-to-Use Linux Desktop
- i3 tiling WM, primarily targeted at developers and advanced users
- GNOME - designed to put you in control and get things done
- Openbox - a highly configurable, floating window manager with extensive standards support
- Wayfire - a wayland compositor based on wlroots. It aims to create a customizable, extendable and lightweight environment without sacrificing its appearance
- LXQT - The Lightweight Qt Desktop Environment.
- bspwm - a tiling window manager that represents windows as the leaves of a full binary tree. bspwm supports multiple monitors and is configured and controlled through messages
- Kofuku (bliss in Japanese) - a lightweight and minimalist Linux setup. This setup uses BSPWM as the tiling window manager.
- Xfce - a lightweight desktop environment for UNIX-like operating systems. It aims to be fast and low on system resources, while still being visually appealing and user friendly
Also the installer will automatically detect your CPU and choose optimized repo accordingly , more you can find here:
The CachyOS kernels use different Schedulers and patches to improve performance. Following Schedulers are supported:
- BORE (Burst-Oriented Response Enhancer) CPU Scheduler by firelzrd (BORE) - linux-cachyos
- Standard Scheduler Completely Fair Scheduler (CFS) - linux-cachyos-cfs
- CacULE and CacULE-RDB created from Hamad Marri, maintained by CachyOS - linux-cachyos-cacule
- BitMap Queue (BMQ) Alfred Chen Scheduler - linux-cachyos-bmq
- Priority and Deadline based Skiplist multiple queue scheduler (PDS) - Alfred Chen Scheduler » linux-cachyos-pds
- Task Type Scheduler by Hamad Marri (TT) - linux-cachyos-tt
All kernels are built into two versions (x86_64 and x86_64_v3) and llvm/lto enabled kernels are included in the cachyos repo.
Introducing CachyOS Kernel Manager:
We have worked on a application which gives a better overview which kernel are installed or can be installed on your system.
For the future we thought about to implement also a possibility to compile the CachyOS kernels with several options simply over the kernel manager which will help easier to configre the kernel compile to suite their own needs.
Introducing CachyOS Package Manager:
Simple Software Application Package Installer for CachyOS which helps setting up & installing applications.
We are really happy for this release and looking forward to the future!
CachyOS - Team
Download will be here soon 🙂